Home Bandung Villa Isola
Villa Isola/Bumi Siliwangi Gedung: great example of Bandung Art Deco Architecture. Now it is used as UPI Campus. It is located at Jalan Setiabudi 299, and can be reached by taking public transport from Cicaheum, railway station, or Kebon Kalapa to Ledeng.
It was built in 1932 by the architect named Prof. Ir. Schoemaker. The firstowner of this building was D.W Baretty an Italian millionare at that period, and it functioned as her residence. When Japan occupied Indonesia. The building was used as the Japanese HQ.
In 1954 the Indonesian government through the minister of education and culture (at that time Mr. Muh. Yamin changed its name to Bumi Siliwangi)