Home Sleman Yogyakarta Kembali Museum
On Yogyakarta's northern ring-road, Yogyakarta Kembali monument is established to commemorate the re-functioning of Yogyakarta as the capital of Republic of Indonesia on 6 July 1966. The thirty-one meter high monument, symbolizing a mountain of heaven, lies on an axis running from the Sultan's Palace to the north, through the Tugu monument at the end of JI. Malioboro, to Yogyakarta Kembali Museum, and ended at the top of the Mount Merapi.
This monument has three floors. The first floor consists of a museum, library, an auditorium, and a cafeteria, On the second floor, there are ten dioramas performing the highlights of Yogyakarta's struggle to reoccupy the capital city of Indonesia (that time) from the Dutch colonial from December 1948 until July 1949. On the balustrade, there are forty reliefs depicting the history of the Indonesian people's struggle for the independence from August 17, 1945 until the international recognition of the newly born Republic on December 21, 1949.
The main article of this floor is the red white national flag. Outside the main building is a vast plaza for staging ceremonies and a wall with inscription of more than 400 names of Indonesian heroes. This monument is conveniently situated on the way to Borobudur Temple.